Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Supplements

Any of you who have walked into a GNC have noticed the countless choices when it comes to supplements. With all of the choices it can be confusing and overwhelming. In reality, I have found that most supplements are a waste of money.

Besides a quality multivitamin and fish oil, I take creatine and a protein supplement. The brand of creatine I have found to work best is EAS Phosphagen Elite, with Beta-Alanine. I take 5.25 grams per day. In regards to my protein supplement, I use the EAS brand. I take the creatine right before bed. The protein I consume right after my workout and then again in the afternoon, or early evening.

A quality website to check out is http://www.prosource.net/. ProSource conducts research and evaluations on different brands and types of supplements, and also offers discounts.

Keep in mind that you can get big and strong without taking any supplements. I know of a strength and conditioning coach who is incredibly strong and healthy, and he takes no supplements. Finally, remember that supplements are just that - supplements. Nothing can replace a good diet.