Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wednesday's Workout

I am married and have four kids. Because I am a family man first, sometimes my workouts have to be shortened and at different times in the day. For example, last night I worked out at 9:30, after the kids went to bed. Also, because I had not seen my wife much yesterday, I needed to hurry. Right now I am doing four-day splits. Yesterday was my upper-body day. I did the following:

1A. Push-ups w/ blast straps 4 x failure
1B. Reverse bench 4 x 10
1C. Shouldering (with 80 lb sandbag) 4 x 10

2. Handwalks w/ power wheel 3 laps around gym

The entire workout lasted twenty minutes. While I didn't do much in quantity, the quality and intensity of the workout were high. I spent little or no time between sets.

All of us are busy. However, we can all find time to workout. Even if it is only for 5, 10, 15 minutes.