Thursday, February 12, 2009

Avoiding Shoulder Problems

Approximately one year ago, I suffered an injury to my right shoulder. At the time, I was pushing myself too hard, with little or no rehab or deloading. When I hurt my shoulder, I went to the doctor. He said I likely had a partially torn bicep tendon. He prescribed anti-inflammatories and suggested cortisone injections. I took the pills and a couple days off. My shoulder continued to ache. I couldn't even sleep on my right side. I decided at that point that I needed to do something, or I might have to give up something I love.

I took some time off. That was really difficult because I love to lift weights. But I knew I needed too. I also began doing exercises to rehab my shoulder.

Below are two videos of exercises that I use. I recommend that you use these exercises regularly to avoid or rehab shoulder injuries.





Also, check out this link to DeFranco's website: http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask_joe/archives/ask_joe_08-12-05.htm